In these Terms and Conditions of Use, the expressions we, ‘us’ ‘we’ or ‘our’ means Hero Broker PTY LTD ACN 608 729 942 Australian Credit Representative 503350
Terms and Conditions of Use
These are our current Terms and Conditions of Use and they replace any others which have appeared previously on any of our websites. We may at any time vary these Terms and Conditions of Use by publishing the new version on our websites. By accessing any of our websites you are deemed to accept the current Terms and Conditions of Use displayed. We reserve any and all rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Any calculators or information provided on our websites are provided for your convenience only and do not constitute either credit or financial advice. Information on our websites has been prepared without consideration of your particular circumstances and should be viewed as generic information only and not as indicating that you should follow a particular course of action.
Internet security risks
There may be security risks in sending information via the Internet. You should assess these potential risks when deciding whether to use our online services.
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We do not endorse or approve of the operators of any third party websites, or the information, graphics and material featured on third party websites. To the extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility or liability and give no warranty in any way in respect of third party websites or the goods and services offered to you on any third party websites.
We may receive payments from operators or owners of third party websites in relation to goods or services supplied to you by them as a result of you linking to their website from ours.
Use by persons outside of Australia
Our websites are provided for use by Australian residents only, and the products and services described in them are not directed at anyone in any country other than Australia. If you are not one of our customers and are accessing our websites from outside Australia, you must not submit or attempt to submit any online application or request. Online applications and requests for products initiated outside of Australia will not be accepted from anyone who is not an existing customer.
The information contained in our websites has been prepared in accordance with the laws applicable to the Commonwealth of Australia.
Third party software
Unless we tell you otherwise, any software you download from a third party website is their product and not ours. We point that out because some products may be subject to a licence agreement between you and them.
To the extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility or liability in respect of such third party products, provide no warranty, and give no endorsement in respect of such products or any party connected with them. We do, however, welcome your feedback or suggestions concerning them.
No warranty or guarantee
While we have tried hard to make sure there are no mistakes in any of the information on our websites, we do not warrant that we have verified the information and we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of it or that the information is suitable for your intended use. Further, all information is subject to change without notice.
We recommend that you seek independent advice before acting upon any of the information on our websites.
We do not guarantee that our websites are free from viruses, or that access to our sites will be uninterrupted.
You acknowledge and agree that your use of our websites is at your own risk. You must ensure that that the process which you use for accessing our websites does not expose you to the risk of viruses or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.
Limitation of liability
Subject to any responsibilities which are implied by law and cannot be excluded, neither we, nor any of our employees, agents or officers are liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whether direct or indirect, whatsoever arising out of or referable to information on our websites or your use of our websites or any modification, suspension or discontinuance of our websites – whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
Our liability for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent possible, at our option, to:
the resupply of the goods or services;
the repair of the goods or services
the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
Copyright and trademarks
The material on our websites is protected by copyright. Other than for the purposes and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), no part of it may in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, micro copying, photocopying, recording, or otherwise) be reproduced, uploaded to a third party, linked to, framed, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted without our prior written permission.
You also must not in any form or by any means commercialise any information, products or services obtained from our websites without our prior written permission. Our websites include registered trade marks owned by us (or our licensors). You must not use any of our trade marks in any way without our prior written consent.
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- age or date of birth;
- Financial information
- credit card information;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
- register on our website or app;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our website and App;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and App business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our financial products. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the hero broker client portal. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.